We all decided that we would take an anonamous vote on who suits the image of Amanda better, so we took a class vote and a VKLC vote and decided that I would be acting Amanda Rodgers as I have the most acting experience within the group, and i like performing.
Acting is a very hard thing to do as you are basically trying to embody and repesent a compleatly different person to yourself, which is why I think actors and actresses are under rated. It takes so much method acting and Researching your role into depth to create a beilieveable performance and character. You also have to captivate the audience and get them interested whirlst also marketing yourself which is mainly seen in music videos.
Upon researching music videos and looking at the behind the scenes on set of them, I have noticed that when doing scenes that involve lip -syncing, the actor/actress always sings along to the song instead of miming to create a more real and believable lip-sync and to make it look like they were actually singing it live. This also helps with continuity errors, as by singing them you are getting the right mouthing action, where-as when your miming it is completely different.
Becoming Amanda Rodgers...
When becoming Amanda Rodgers, looking deeper into her personality and artist history was very helpful as it helped me have a good understanding of role she plays in her band and how she carries herself. I discovered she was very hippy-like and free so to show this we had to choose costume and make-up very carefully to represent a nature-saving care free spirit.
I also had to look into creating a connection with the audience and to do this I researched videos such as 'Yellow' by Coldplay as he chooses to stay in close-up for the whole music video. This therefore makes the audience feel like he is choosing to embrace them on his journey through out the music video and that he is only singing to them. The intense eye connection he has with the camera only expands this point further. The fact that he also uses slow-motion as well makes the connection stronger and makes the video more intense and meaningful.
Other things that I had to consider is marketing Amanda Rodgers to the audience i had to do this by making sure that I was sending out a good message to the audience and by having a positive track to work with made it a whole lot easier. I had to sell myself to the audience and make them like me and the only way of doing that is being likeable, unforgettable and original. This also links with having to create a connection with the audience and the amount of close ups that appear in the music video.
Some-thing else that I thought would help me into becoming Amanda Rodgers is looking at videos of her live performance to see how she connects to her songs and what actions and gestures she uses by looking at the following video:
After seeing that I noticed that she puts a lot of her emotions into the song, starting off weak and finishing strong. She closes her eyes and gets into the zone expressing herself. She is truly singing from the heart on a subject that probably means a lot to her, and she lets the audience see that delicate vulnerable side of her that works in her favour. By letting the audience in to what almost seems like a diary entry song, she is captivating them and getting her message across.
So to wrap everything up, I have to keep a strong connection with the meaning of the song to connect to the audience and maintain that young innocent carefree spirit that Amanda seems to portray.
No comments:
Post a Comment